SPECIAL EVENT: Saturday, March 4th at 1:30 p.m.
Tour of William & Hannelore Heyen Collection with William Heyen
University of Rochester’s Rush Rhees Library
Nationally renowned poet William Heyen meets with Just Poets to show us first editions and manuscripts collected over a lifetime. He will talk about his contemporaries in American literature and then will read some of his poems.
Don’t miss this rare literary experience! Directions are written below.
DIRECTIONS to Library (out-of-town members can click on Google map below and enter own address for driving directions):
From Monroe Avenue:
1. take Elmwood Ave, cross South, cross Mt. Hope Ave, continue with Strong Hospital on left, cemetery on right side…
2. stay right and pass under bridge
3. take first RIGHT on Wilson Blvd
4. take quick RIGHT onTrustee Road
5. turn LEFT on Intercampus Drive
6. pass Library Road, then turn LEFT into the library parking lot entrance
Here’s a Google map centered on the UR campus and on the Rush Rhees library parking lot.
FINDING Special Collections
Come into the back entrance doors, ground level of Rush Rhees library (by computer store). Our host, rare books librarian Phyllis Andrews, will be waiting at the ground level elevators to take you up to the rare books collection on the second floor.